GBI was founded in 1959 by Ross Gibson and Jim Benness with a collection of agency lines including Valvoline oil, Sisal craft Building and Insulation foils. Subsequently that same year, GBI was appointed as the Laminex distributor for Western Australia and still represents their interests today, almost 60 years after the representation began.
Today GBI is a national distribution leader, specialising in wholesaling and logistics of diverse product ranges from varied industries. The GBI group consists of three main divisions.
GIBSON BENNESS INDUSTRIES PTY LTD
Distributors of quality building products to the cabinet making, shop fitting and furniture manufacturing industries for almost 60 years.
Since 1959, GBI continues to be a reliable and leading supplier of Laminex to West Australian market.
- Quantum Quartz - the leading brand of engineered stone in Australia
- Laminam - Large format porcelain / ceramic tiles from Italy
- FENIX NTM® | Nano Tech Matt Material for Interior Design
- Plywood – Australian and imported plywood
- Hettich - German cabinetry hardware and fittings
GBI SALES PTY LTD
Retail Sales and Marketing
Manages the sales, distribution and logistics of reputable brands to the West Australian market.
- Honeywell - Australia’s leading portable evaporative and air-conditioning brand
- Excelsior - Range hoods and BBQ’s
- Fackelmann – Kitchen-wares
- Thermos – Insulated food and beverage containers
- Excelair - Fans, radiant heaters and commercial coolers
- Birko – Commercial catering equipment
GBI LOGISTICS PTY LTD
Warehousing and logistics
Since 1959, GBI has provided logistics and supply chain management services that are fully customizable to any size enterprise. GBI delivers custom-fit solutions with a high added value that draw on an in-depth experience and understanding of different industries, as well as the constant quest for improvement and optimisation that is central to the company's own culture and values.
GBI Logistics enjoys a longevity of relationships with distinguished brands like Sony, Miele, Brilliant Lighting, Sabco and Retravision.
Our staff and our customers are the most important elements of our business. We have the highest regard for:
- Honesty and integrity
- Trust and Loyalty
- Ensured Fairness to all concerned
We seek and value superior performance in all aspects of our business, by ensuring:
- Product quality and performance
- Quality of supply from our principals
- Innovation in dealing with clients
- Strong management controls
- Future vision and longevity